Monday, September 14, 2009

A Dip in the Far Rockaway Beach!

It was a beautiful day in New York City! Did you notice? Of course, you did.

Anyways, devotees of the Sanatan Dharma Mandir of New York went to the Far Rockaway Beach to perform Pitri Puja. Pandit Yoga Ramnarain presided over the ceremony.

Pitri Puja is an important Puja that is misunderstood by many Hindus and non-Hindus. It is an important Puja that has to be performed for the well-being of society.

And, I took a dip in the Ganga for the first time since I have been living in this country! It was awesome! The sun was brilliant, so the water warmed up some. The water was clear and very salty. I plunged at the waves ... but ... I got to tell you, some of the waves were very demanding ... they knocked the breath out of me and then, drew me down in the water ... backwards!

Below some photos of folks at the beach.

Beautiful water, clear sky, enticing...


Devotee making offerings at the altar.


Pandit Yoga and Gita (right) and devotees making offerings


Me staring at the lense ... and scaring away the cocoos

No comments:

Post a Comment