Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Funny Turns in Life Happen at the Oddest Moments

Life has a funny way of playing out itself sometimes, that oftentime, left you thinking, "How could this have happened?"

My cousin, Stanley Raj, is a community advocate (even if he doesn't want to openly admit it). He is involved in a bunch of community activities that are meant to make things better for the folks in the Richmond Hill area. He invites me to a number of these events and then introduced me to his colleagues and friends. Very nice of him.

He introduced me to Gurpal and Sharon, two young passionate lawyers who are working tirelessly towards the upliftment of the people in the community. They and others are heading the Richmond Hill Census 2010 - a very challenging task indeed. The goal is to get everyone in Richmond Hill to register in the Census and be counted, so that folks here could be alloted federal grants they deserve to enhance their quality of life.

The funny thing is that both Gurpal and Sharon are my next door neighbors and we were not aware of it. They have never seen me in the street nor I of them. We learnt that we are neighbors at my cousin's Bar-B-Que. Isn't this a weirdly funny story? And, who dare say that life is boring in Richmond Hill?
Census 2010 meeting Sharon and Gurpal (front)

Stanley Raj and others
(Pics courtesy Gurpal Picasa web)

No comments:

Post a Comment