Sunday, October 4, 2009

GANDHI PEACE MARCH IN RICHMOND HILL

It was a beautiful day in NYC, brilliant sunshine minus the heavy wind - a great day to be out and about. So, how did you do spend your day? Care to share?

My cousin invited me to an important meeting at 3 PM today at his office - Main Street Insurance on the Avenue.

I went with good intentions to listen and participate. But, somehow, I couldn't bring myself to tune in to the meeting. It was an important meeting about a political campaign to elect one of the local officials to represent the folks in the Richmond Hill area. But, it wasn't my day to be at such meeting. So, after some time reading the local papers, I left.

And, I went to see the cultural show at the Gandhi Peace March - a march which took place from Liberty Avenue and Lefferts Blvd to the Arya Spiritual Center Ground on 133rd Street and Liberty Ave. I enjoyed this outing so much more.

October 2nd was Gandhi Jayanti in honor of the Mahatma. The Gandhi Peace March was organized by the Federation of Hindu Mandirs USA, Inc. and the speeches were delivered in his memory. His legacy of Truth and Non-violence lives on and are universal in their scope. These are values we need more than ever. For me, the Mahatma is the only person whose life was a reflection of the sacred teachings of the Bhagavad Gita.

Some photos of the cultural presentation.

A picture of the Mahatma in repose ... (Wikipedia)
These little ones were having a blast. They represent the ISCON group....
Youngsters from the Shri Trimuri Mandir singing for BapuJi ....

No comments:

Post a Comment