Sunday, August 23, 2009

Filming of Dr. Yesu Persaud at Crown Plaza & Shots of Convention

This morning I was priviledged to have an interview with Dr. Yesu Persaud for the documentary at the Crown Plaza Hotel. I really appreciate him taking time off from his busy schedule to be filmed at such a short notice. He actually came for the GOPIO convention and I asked him if he wouldn't mind setting aside a some time for Project History.

My first impression of him was: What an amazingly humble person he is. I'm always blown over by people's humility. His ancestors' stories are very interesting and like all our ancestors, they too had to sacrifice so much for the betterment of their children.

I didn't quite finish the filming with him, since he had a flight to catch. Will continue it when we meet again. Safe journey home and thanks for agreeing to be part of Project History, Dr. Persaud.

1. Dr. Persaud and myself 2. Mr. Basdeo Pandey and Nohar Singh

3. Mr. C Bhat from India & another gentleman from Holland
(Sorry, I couldn't find the card with the name)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bina

    Here I am again having only just discovered your blog, this is my second comment to you. I am travelling to India next month April 2010. I was born in Guyana and studied law in England where I am residing. My father came to Guyana in 1912 as an indentured Indian to work on the plantations. I have some interesting tales to tell of his experience and his contribution to resistng the British heinous system of indenturship on the plantation. Please get in tough with me.
    Anjani

    ReplyDelete